Saturday, February 11, 2012

End Of Week Three

I've been on my new diet for three weeks now, and I started exercising again this week (just some light workout dvd's and using light weights).
It's been a good week, I haven't had any cravings for junk food, and I haven't been tempted to cheat other than the one day I allow myself to cheat each week.  And today is my cheat day!  I'll have cereal and coffee for breakfast (instead of eggs or pumpernickel toast and water), and if I am tempted to eat junk food this is the day I give into temptation, but I don't eat junk food only for the sake of eating junk food just because it happens to be my cheat day, I don't eat it unless I'm really craving it.  If we go out to dinner, as we sometimes do on a Saturday evening, I order off the menu without caution or prudence.


I had read that starting an exercise program can actually cause you to gain weight as muscle weighs more than fat, or it can slow down the weight-loss process, but this first week of exercise hasn't been too bad.  I've lost another pound.

After three weeks I have now lost a total of: 5 pounds.


Five pounds lighter ~ sixty more to go!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you Eileen! Keep it up! Diets are never easy it seems, but the payoffs are worth it. I have lost a little weight since I have been in California but I think it probably has more to do with the weather than with anything else. I swear our bodies naturally hold on to fat in the winter time. I think it helps keep us warm. ((((HUGS)))) T

    ReplyDelete