Saturday, March 24, 2012

End Of Week Nine

Well, I finally hit the ten pound mark, but, if it weren't for the fact that we are during the season of Lent I think I would have been throwing in the towel by now.  It is very slow-going losing weight.  Only half a pound each week now.  I guess I should be happy that anything is coming off, but I was hoping to see real progress by this point.
I guess if in nine more weeks I've hit the twenty pound mark I'll be singing a different tune, but with only ten pounds gone, and having started at such a high weight, ten pounds doesn't seem like much.  I don't feel any different, I don't feel any healthier, I don't feel any more energized, I don't look any different, and I see no difference in how my clothes are fitting.
So other than a tiny feeling of accomplishment that the scale showed me the number I've been longing to see for nine weeks now, I don't feel all that wonderful.  But I'll stick it out.  I am now so looking forward to the 'twenty pound' marker.


End of Week Nine ~ 10 pounds lighter ~ 55 still to go!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, Eileen--for losing 10 pounds and for sticking it out, not giving up!

    Funny thing. Yesterday while in the grocery store it dawned on me that I had suddenly had energy. It wasn't a gradual thing. Just hit me like a lightening bolt! I totally wasn't expecting it. I had spent 3-4 weeks w/o ANY pounds dropping. Just about gave up. Then it happened. I have lost about 15. I want to lose at least 10 more. (Though I'm sure when I get to 155 I'll want to take it down to 149#.)

    You can do this! WE can do this!

    ♥Rebecca

    ReplyDelete